Re: To synchronize system time witn NTP-server with no winter time shift whole year - how to?

On 2009-03-29_20:58:05, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-03-29 20:47, Paul E Condon wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Silly question why would you want to not follow local time ?
>>  I do follow local *standard* time, which is the local time for the west
>> 105deg meridian. I live in Lafayette, Colorado, which is at 105deg.6'
>> west. Local time here is 24 seconds delayed from local time at the
>> central meridian of this zone, and about a minute later than the local
>> time for Denver. That is close enough for me.  I'm really not an
>> extremist ;-)
>
> MDT is active for 7 months and 3 weeks, which means that it is the de
> facto standard.

It will change. The 105 west meridian, the rising and setting of the
Sun, are more lasting than a de-facto standard. I am content with what
I am doing. It is really wierd raising this little scruple to something
that it is not. I've learned how to effect a satisfactory solution to
my problem. Now I'm willing to move on.

The current standard is better described as a de-jure standard, IMHO.
Didn't Congress pass a law on this issue? But there was no budget for
going after schoff-laws, maybe. Or maybe the government is more
sensible about some enforcement than some would expect. Or maybe
some on this list misunderestimate, or whatever.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net