Re: To synchronize system time witn NTP-server with no winter time shift whole year - how to?

On 2009-03-30_10:31:27, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:49:22AM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > > > >

> [snip]
>

> > A few weeks ago, my Lenny system switched over from displaying time in MST
> > (Mountain Standard Time) to MDT (Mountain Daylight Time). It did this, I
> > believe, because the switch-over is mandated in the official locale coding
> > for this region (Colorado). I would like to now how to take a pass on this
> > switch-over part of the local locale. And how to do it ahead of time, so
> > that for me, I don't have to find an unwanted task of undoing a unwanted
> > change waiting on a Sunday morning. My version of what I think OP was
> > asking for is a variant of locale that does not honor local mandates for
> > switching to and from summer-time. It is very much a cultural thing.
>
> Silly question why would you want to not follow local time ?

I do follow local *standard* time, which is the local time for the west
105deg meridian. I live in Lafayette, Colorado, which is at 105deg.6'
west. Local time here is 24 seconds delayed from local time at the
central meridian of this zone, and about a minute later than the local
time for Denver. That is close enough for me.  I'm really not an
extremist ;-)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net