Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On Fri January 9 2009, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> That's fine, but that information is not in the bug.  If you don't want to
> repeat information you've already given the mailing list, please add some
> URL to the bug report that the maintainer can use to locate the thread.
>  Your description "see thread is debian-user:
> Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X" is much harder
> to find than you might think, especially "later".  A link to gmane or marc
> a al. would be best, I think.

here is the original thread with my original failure- subject:
unable to burn DVD :
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/browse_thread/thread/248b0a96d4c49e83/39bba6b6592d012b?lnk=gst&q=dvd+fail+pcartwright#39bba6b6592d012b

I'm not sure when this started, I don't burn that many discs of any type..
started up braseros, to burn a DVD that was only 1.8Gb. got this error:
<SNIP>
roGrowisofs stderr: Done with: The File(s)
Block(s)    713532
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Writing:   UDF Anchor end volume
Start Block 713812
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Done with: UDF Anchor end volume
Block(s)    1
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Writing:   UDF Pad end
Start Block 713813
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Done with: UDF Pad end
Block(s)    150
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: Max brk space used 0
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: 713963 extents written (1394 MB)
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: :-[ WRITE@LBA=ae4e0h failed with
SK=0h/ASC=00h/ACQ=03h]: Input/output error
BraseroGrowisofs stderr: :-( write failed: Input/output error
BraseroGrowisofs called brasero_job_error
BraseroGrowisofs finished with an error
BraseroGrowisofs asked to stop because of an error
        error           = 1
        message = "Unhandled error, aborting"
BraseroGrowisofs stopping
BraseroGrowisofs got killed

Session error : Unhandled error, aborting (brasero_burn_record burn.c:2369)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800