Re: oss and alsa and audio devices

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

>>> Probably hardwired, and would show up in any case.
> this does make sense. However, if I select OSS from KDE's sound
>> settings dialog box, I still get audio though it appears it is not using
>> Alsa anymore (my alsa specific options are ignored). Perhaps the
>> emulation is working here?
>
> Do you have linux-sound-base_noOSS in /etc/modprobe.d
>
>  ==> Then you have ALSA.

I have:
$> ls -go /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_noOSS
lrwxrwxrwx 1 41 2008-10-26 11:17 /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_noOSS
-> /lib/linux-sound-base/noOSS.modprobe.conf

So far, so good.

> Do you have oss-compat apckage.
>
>  ==> Then you have OSS compatibility.

I have that too:
$> dpkg -l oss-com*  | grep ^i
ii  oss-compat     0.0.4+nmu1     OSS compatibility package

So in case I have devices that require OSS, I guerss they will work
using this.

> Read my other post for more.

Very useful information. Much appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

ever having been read.