Re: Need help installing ndiswrapper
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Need help installing ndiswrapper
- From: Jonathan Kaye <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 06:23:33 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20081004070846.GI5950@think.homelan> <email@example.com> <20081004202413.GC7823@think.homelan> <48E7F105.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dennis Wicks wrote:
> I am installing ndiswrapper and can't get it to complete properly.
> In the INSTALL it states:
> You need a recent kernel, at least 2.6.16, with header files for the
> kernel. Make sure there is a link to the kernel source from the
> modules directory. The command
> ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
> should have at least 'include' directory and '.config' file.
> I have kernel 2.6.26 and I have installed both the kernel headers and the
> kernel source but I still don't have the build directory and the required
> directory & file.
> How do I get these setup?
Please don't "hijack" existing threads. Post your question as a new thread
and this will avoid confusion for all and more relevant answers for you.
Thanks a lot,
Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/