Re: where is ath9k?

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
Wayne Topa wrote:

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
Wayne Topa wrote:

<-- SNIP -->

me.  Guess which ones I use.  :-)

Sorry I wasn't able to help you get it running.
Au contraire, thanks a lot for helping me. Right now the pcmia or usb wifi
card seems the best option. Any recommendations on that score?

I like the pcmcia cards but I also use 3 different usb adapters. I prefer the pcmcia cards because they all work with madwifi. I only bought cards that were madwifi compatable.

I would suggest you search for a pcmcia card that has the features/price you like. Then go to the madwifi Compatibility page and make sure the Manuf. and that model/version is supported. If not, keep looking.

I like the Netgear WG511U 3.3v/Cardbus pcmcia cards because that work great. Never had a problem with them and by following all the Tips given in the UserDocs on the madwifi site I had no problems using then in any mode. I have them working on an IBM T40 & two 770 (2) laptops, a HP ze4420us laptop, and an old 586 desktop with a pcmcia adapter.

Best regards and good luck in your search!

Wayne