Re: where is ath9k?

Wayne Topa wrote:

> Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>> Wayne Topa wrote:
>>

>>> My apologies to Jonathan for 'my' mis-information.
>>>
>>> Wayne
>> None required, Wayne. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks to
>> David also. I tried the madwifi package ath_pci, ath_hal and wlan but
>> still couldn't get the wifi to work. Is there anyway of knowing (without
>> being near a wifi hotpoitn) if the installed driver is the correct one?
>> Thanks again for all the help.
>> Jonathan
>>

> Have you checked if your adapter works with madwifi?  Check out the
> Compatibility page on the madwifi site <http://madwifi.org>.  I have
> used, and am using, Netgear and D-Links cards.  Be sure to watch for the
> version of your card.  Many manufactures use different chips in the
> their cards without changing the Card part #, they just change the
> version.  That's from someone who got bit by getting the wrong version
> number.
>
> Wayne
Hi Wayne,
So the mystery continues. The chipset (according to lspci) is AR2413 which
according to Madwifi compatibility = AR5005G. The driver must be acer-wmi
and NOT ath_pci which was what I tried. This is part of the 2.6.25 kernel
so I'll modprobe that one and report back on the ifconfig output to see if
it's more like yours.
aaarrrggghhhh!
This is not going to be easy, is it? When I try
#modprobe -v acer-wmi
I get FATAL: Error inserting acer_wmi
(/lib/modules/2.6.25-2-686/kernel/drivers/misc/acer-wmi.ko): No such device
Back to square 1?
Cheers,
Jonathan