Re: where is ath9k?

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
Wayne Topa wrote:

My apologies to Jonathan for 'my' mis-information.

Wayne
None required, Wayne. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks to David
also. I tried the madwifi package ath_pci, ath_hal and wlan but still
couldn't get the wifi to work. Is there anyway of knowing (without being
near a wifi hotpoitn) if the installed driver is the correct one?
Thanks again for all the help.
Jonathan

Have you checked if your adapter works with madwifi? Check out the Compatibility page on the madwifi site <http://madwifi.org>. I have used, and am using, Netgear and D-Links cards. Be sure to watch for the version of your card. Many manufactures use different chips in the their cards without changing the Card part #, they just change the version. That's from someone who got bit by getting the wrong version number.

Wayne