Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:45:54 +0530
Arvind Marathe <bahuroopi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Arvind,

> your own mails to d-u). I don't see the point in having two copies of
> my own mail, so i was asking whether other users do any special
> settings, so that one mail is automatically deleted.

Some ML software (Mailman, for example) allows you to set whether or
not you receive copies of your own posts.  Unfortunately, d-u doesn't
appear to be run on such software so you'll have to work out a method
of quietly deleting copies of your posts to d-u when they get echoed
back to you.  Some sort of filter(0) that matches From <youraddress> &
To <D-U>, for example.

(0)  That's what they're called in Claws-Mail, I don't know whether
Mutt uses the same terminology.

--
 Regards  _

Keep your drink just give em the money