Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:24:18PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,28.Jul.08, 22:45:54, Arvind Marathe wrote:
                [...snip...]
> > I don't see the point in having two copies of
> > my own mail, so i was asking whether other users do any special
> > settings, so that one mail is automatically deleted.
>
> I think 'unset copy' in your muttrc will do what you want. Personally I
> don't mind having another copy in the sent folder.

Thanks - will investigate. I was under the impression it does not save
copy of any email i sent. I was thinking more in terms of auto-deleting
mails sent specifically to mailing lists, i am subscribed to - some
sort of hook. Or more sophisticatedly, deleting the sent-mail copy,
once the mailing list copy arrives. One thing i can think of is to
save the "sent-mail" copy in the debian-user folder and write a script
to do a periodic 'D ~='. Will try it sometime, unless somebody has a
better suggestion.

Arvind

believed to be clean.