Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 06:40:50PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:45:54 +0530
> Arvind Marathe <bahuroopi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Arvind,
>
> > your own mails to d-u). I don't see the point in having two copies of
> > my own mail, so i was asking whether other users do any special
> > settings, so that one mail is automatically deleted.
>
> Some ML software (Mailman, for example) allows you to set whether or
> not you receive copies of your own posts.  Unfortunately, d-u doesn't
> appear to be run on such software so you'll have to work out a method
> of quietly deleting copies of your posts to d-u when they get echoed
> back to you.  Some sort of filter(0) that matches From <youraddress> &
> To <D-U>, for example.

I would prefer to save the copy echoed by d-u, and delete the one
saved as "sent-mail". The copy echoed by d-u would have the list
headers, so if i ever use some search criteria using list headers, my
mails would also be detected. As i said in my previous mail, to be on
the safer side, maybe one should delete the copy only after receiving
the d-u copy.

Arvind