Re: How to fix resolv.conf?

On 07/24/2008 01:42 PM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
[...]
.  Now, suppose I want the following ppp connection log output:

local  IP address 151.82.24.152
remote IP address 10.6.6.6
primary   DNS address 193.70.152.25
secondary DNS address 193.70.192.25

.  In /etc/resolv.conf I suppose I have to put the lines:

nameserver 193.70.152.25
nameserver 193.70.192.25

.  How do you suggest I should edit /etc/network/interface?

Thanks
Rodolfo

If you use pppd, removing the "usepeerdns" option from /etc/ppp/options should work; however, on my Etch system, pppd writes its file to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf, and the script /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/0000userpeerdns merges the data into /etc/resolv.conf, so I would remove execute permissions on /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/0000usepeerdns.

You probably only need to do one of those things--not both.

What OS/distribution are you using?

P.S.
I'm using dialup, and my /etc/resolv.conf is unchanged from when I last set it up.