How to fix resolv.conf?

When connecting to internet with a certain provider, I have problems with
browsing.  Then I want to fill the file /etc/resolv.conf with the proper dns
servers but the file changes automatically during the connection being filled
with values different from the ones I want.

Googling around I experimented many possible solutions but none worked
(e.g. edit the file /etc/network/interfaces or /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf).
Even putting off the write permissions over resolv.conf did not work: it must
be created every time.

Does anyone have any experience about a real solution?

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo