Re: [Mostly Solved] Re: Blurry fonts in printed invoices

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 17:46:23 -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:09:09 +0200 Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > However, I don't recall ever seeing these "DEDVIP+f-0-0" kinds of names
> > before. Maybe you are still missing some other relatively important
> > font-related package. Here is list of the ones that I have installed:
> > http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer/celejar/font-related-packages.txt
>
> You do have many installed that I don't have.  If I get a chance,
> perhaps I'll try and see if installing everything you have accomplishes
> anything, and if so, I suppose the next step will be a bisection, to
> see which package(s) is / are the crucial one(s).
> In the meantime, here's my list (generated from the same command in your
> file):
>
> http://lizzie.freehostia.com/font-related-packages.txt

I would say that you have all the really important packages, as far as I
can judge that.

I realized that the Debian homepage is maybe not the best test case, due
to the many non-latin characters that are required by the language names
at the bottom of the page. Maybe the font names will be more conclusive
if we confine our tests to latin character sets. I have now set up a
simple font sample page here:

http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer/celejar/font-samples.html

If you still want to experiment with this a bit more then you can print
this page to a PDF and compare font names once again. I see these names
listed in the output of pdffonts:

BitstreamVeraSansBold
BitstreamVeraSans
BitstreamVeraSerif
URWBookmanL
Courier
NimbusSansL
URWPalladioL
NimbusRomanNo9L
AndaleMono
Arial
ArialBlack
ComicSansMS
CourierNew
Georgia
Impact
TimesNewRoman
Verdana
Webdings

I think you should get the same output for all the postscript fonts
(URWBookmanL, NimbusSansL = Helvetica, Courier, URWPalladioL = Palatino,
NimbusRomanNo9L = Times). It will be interesting to see which fonts are
used for the MS font names on your system; the ttf-liberation fonts
should at least take care of Arial, TimesNewRoman and CourierNew.

          Florian   |