Re: howto find out why dist-upgrade wants to remove a package?

Hugo Vanwoerkom escreveu:
WordPress is a blog, it needs X, all the formatting is for X.

Actually, Wordpress in Debian requires the GD library (I'm not sure if this is a requirement upstream, or just a recommendation, but this does not matter now), which in turn requires some X libraries.

One will not need a full X system, just some X libraries, but I agree this is quite unfortunate just for a Web application, which by itself should need nothing of X.