Re: DigiVox A/D TV-Tuner issue

Hi Nigel,

I installed kernel 2.6.25 image and headers and recompiled the v4l-dvb package and made other tiny changes. The package v4l-dvb was compiled this time without error (without need to alter some of the source code). The good side is that the tv-tuner is being recognized now and appears in dmesg output (both on USB 1.1 and 2.0), however it still doesn't afford the /dev/video0 file. I think the last remaining issue is that of the firmware. Perhaps the firmware that I've found and downloaded are older than this version of tv-tuner, so I googled and found one called dvb-digivox-02.fw and added to the firmwares folder, but in vain. Linux distros automatically load the firmwares in '/lib/firmware' or '/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware' when an appropriate device is connected, but I don't know if this apply on Debian too. I will try more firmwares for now, and moreover I will make an attempt to extract the needed firmware from Windows drivers.

best Regards.

- Anas