Re: DigiVox A/D TV-Tuner issue

Hi again Nigel,

Thank you for the tutorial. Actually I made a deep search in google before and that's one of the tutorials I've found then. Most of these tutorials I found contain essentially the same steps, so I applied them (compiling the v4l-dvb-kernel, downloading the corresponding firmware, modeprobing the modules, etc). However, there is one thing I failed to do, that is obtaining the v4l-dvb-kernel through the mercurial command (hg clone) because I always get a HTTP 503 error when I try to access that website  (http://mcentral.de). Thus, I managed to download the a package called v4l-dvb from linuxtv.org and compiled it successfully. I don't know if that is an enough substitute to the mercurial command. Perhaps it is one cause of this issue.

I appreciate your kindness in proposing that you buy the tv-tuner and try it yourself. I don't know wether it is available in France (actually its price is about 30 to 40 USD), but I don't want you to take the trouble. I am trying now other packages from linuxtv.org (those related to v4l or em28xx) hoping that I may find a beam of light in them. I will try also the tv-tuner on another PC that has USB 2.0 support.

Thanks again for your continuous help.

- Anas