ethernet bonding device and virtual devices

Hello,

I just setup a system with two hardware ethernet devices (eth0 and eth1)
to share these devices in a bonding device. I use 'mode=0 miimon=100
downdelay=2000 updelay=200' as options to the bonding kernel module, and
my /etc/network/interfaces contains the following:

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet static
	address 86.30.195.27
	netmask 255.255.255.248
	network 86.30.195.24
	broadcast 86.30.195.31
	gateway 86.30.195.25
	up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth0
	up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth1

that works so far, but now I want to add virtual devices to enable more
ip addresses. i tried the following:

auto bond0:0
iface bond0:0 inet static
	address 86.30.195.28
	netmask 255.255.255.248
	network 86.30.195.24
	broadcast 86.30.195.31
	gateway 86.30.195.25

'ifup bond0:0' bings up the device, and indeed it is even reachable via
ping from outside. But after some extensive ping tests for all ips I
discovered several packet losses at pinging the ips of the virtual
devices. That seems to get better everytime I retry but still I'm
concerned whether the way I configured my system is correct at all.

Maybe virtual devices are not really supported for bonding devices, and
maybe a better solution exists for adding more ip addresses to a bonding
device.

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions :-)

greetings,
 jonas