Re: CUPS vs lpd (was Re: Giving up on Iceweasel 3.0)

On 05 Jul 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> What is the reason that you don't install CUPS?

1. because lpr/lpd and magicfilter work perfectly for me.

2. because CUPS offers no advantage for me.

3. because when I did use it in the past my output was slightly worse
than with my existing setup.

4. because, in the light of the above, using it will involve me in a
fair amount of work for no clear benefit and possibly a worse output.

Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)