Re: Giving up on Iceweasel 3.0

On Thursday 03 July 2008, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Well, I struggled with iceweasel 3.0 from Sid for a week but have now
> given up. First, printing no longer worked (see earlier posts). I got it
> to work, sort of, by using inotifywait and printing the mozilla.ps file
> but it wasn't a good solution. Then I found I could no longer listent to
> the BBC: attempts to do so caused a crash. This makes it largely useless
> so far as I am concerned.
>
> So I've installed the version from Testing and propose to stay with that
> unless and until these bugs are fixed. I know there are said to be
> security issues with older versions of the browser but I shall have to
> hope for the best.
>
> Anthony
> --
> Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
> Microsoft-free zone - Using Debian GNU/Linux
> http://www.acampbell.org.uk (blog, book reviews,
> and sceptical articles)

Well that is very odd.  I have a sacrificial machine which I keep up to date
each morning - running unstable.

It has Iceweasel 3.0 installed, and I listen to Radios 4, 7 and the World
Service using it without any problems.

I have also just printed a page from it, and it worked perfectly.

So I guess the problem must be your setup, either than or I am unusually
lucky.

David.