Re: Lenovo Thinkpad, HP, or Vostro/Latitude? was Re: OT: Laptop for College Bound Student?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 08:10:46AM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:55:52 +1200
> Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
>
> Hello Chris,
>
> > So it seems like pretty well all the "cheap" stuff is Made in China.
>
> Traditionally, it's made in Taiwan.  These days, however, it's not
> expedient to say so, hence the use of the term People's Republic of
> China, or just PRC.  Politics.....

It was explicitly stated "Made in China". I have seem "Made in Taiwan",
never "Main in PRC" or "Made in People's Republic of China".

Caveat: My statement above doesn't necessarily imply that the products
made in China are of lower quality than of products made anywhere else.

--
Chris.
======