Re: Lenovo Thinkpad, HP, or Vostro/Latitude? was Re: OT: Laptop for College Bound Student?

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:11:43AM -0400, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 21:43 -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 03:26:26PM -0400, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
>
> > By owners of the company, do you mean Lenovo or their predecessor IBM?
> > I haven't seen a Lenovo Thinkpad.  I do have an IBM Thinkpad; the screen
> > died when the tent in which I was sitting was hit by lightening (at
> > least I had metal poles) but at least I was able to retreive the data
> > off the hard drive.
> >
> > Doug.
>
> Doug,
>
> By owners I mean Communist China. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo

I'll read that.  I try not to buy anything from China, but it seems that
all MBs are made there, and most of the other computing stuff too.

It would be nice if there was a made-in-democracy computer source.

Doug.