Re: Lenovo Thinkpad, HP, or Vostro/Latitude? was Re: OT: Laptop for College Bound Student?

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:34:36AM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> I'll read that.  I try not to buy anything from China, but it seems that
> all MBs are made there, and most of the other computing stuff too.

Ha!, here in N.Z. it is extremely rare to find something *not* made in
China. In fact some people I know find it amusing picking up objects to
see if they are not made in China. More often than not, sure enough, --
"made in China"  <leans over> Dell laptop power supply --sure enough--
"made in China" <picks up lighter from table> --sure enough-- "made in
China" Mind you the ashtray says made in France, but that was bought
many moons ago, from a specialty shop.

So it seems like pretty well all the "cheap" stuff is Made in China.

--
Chris.
======