Re: wakeonlan

Paul Csanyi <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

>> Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> writes:
>>
>>> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 05:10:40AM +0200, hh.eu@gmx.de wrote:
>>>
>>> Wake On LAN wakes a system from poweroff.  There is no need to suspend or
>>> hibernate.
>>
>> I red in the motherboard manual:
>> "... It will allow the network to remotely power-on a Soft Power Off
>> (Soft-Off) PC. However, if your system is in the Suspend mode, you can
>> power-on the system only through an IRQ or DMA interrupt."
>>
>> I red here too:
>> "Important: The 5VSB power source of your power supply must support
>> greater or equal 720 mA."
>
> I have setup 'Enabled' in BIOS 'Power Management Setup' the 'Resume on PCI
> Event' too, soo finally I can to wake on from gateway/router my server
> box with wakeonlan.
>
> I must to give too the proper Broadcast address to my LAN.

However I can't wake up the PC box debian server from the debian
gateway when I power off the debian server with shutdown command and
after that I plug off the power cable of the PC supply.

But when I power on the debian server with it's power button and right
after that I power it off with power button, then I can to wake up the
debian server from the debian gateway with wakeonlan command.

What cause this event?

I set up in debian server's Award BIOS the following:
* Integrated Peripherals / Onboard SuperIO Device / PWR Lost Resume
State: Turnk On
*Power Management Setup / Resume On PCI Event: Enabled
*Power Management Setup / Resume On LAN: Enabled

When the abowe mentioned PWR Lost Resume State was: Off, I can't too
to wake up debian server with wakeonlan.

I check that the power supply of the debian server has +5VSB / 2A and
that is enough to use wake on lan.

Why can't I wake up the debian server from the debian gateway with
wakeonlan?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi