Re: wakeonlan

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 09:41:14PM +0200, Paul Csanyi wrote:
>
>> When I run the command wakeonlan the server box wan't not to wake up.
>
> I never used wake-on-lan, but I see from the description of the
> wakeonlan package that it used UDP packets in order to avoid the need
> for root. Maybe you should also try etherwake?

Maybe I don't understand the description of wakeonlan:

"You can wake up WOL compliant Computers which have been powered down
 to sleep mode or start WOL compliant Computers with a BIOS feature."

Well, if I power down the server with "shutdown -t 1 -h now" then I
can't to wake it up with wakeonlan?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi