wakeonlan

Hello!

I have a small network at home.

I want to setup the gateway/router Debian Etch to wake up the server box with
wakeonlan.

The server box - Debian Etch has enabled the "Resume on LAN" field in
the Power Management Setup of the Award BIOS.

The server box have also a NIC with wake on LAN cable properly set up.

When I run the command wakeonlan the server box wan't not to wake up.

I use the right MAC address of the servers NIC in this command.

Why can't I use wakeonlan to bring up the server from the gateway?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi