Re: wakeonlan

Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 05:10:40AM +0200, hh.eu@gmx.de wrote:
>
> Wake On LAN wakes a system from poweroff.  There is no need to suspend or
> hibernate.

I red in the motherboard manual:
"... It will allow the network to remotely power-on a Soft Power Off
(Soft-Off) PC. However, if your system is in the Suspend mode, you can
power-on the system only through an IRQ or DMA interrupt."

I red here too:
"Important: The 5VSB power source of your power supply must support
greater or equal 720 mA."

I shall to see my power supply for that attribute.

So, if I shut down the system with 'shutdown -t 1 -h now' then I have
a Soft-Off PC, right?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi