Re: Xen in Etch, basic setup

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
so far as I know, having shorewall turned off in
/etc/defaults/shorewall completely prevents it from running. So you
would be left with bog standard iptables setup -- wide open.

For the record this is indeed the case. iptables -L showed nothing when I checked.

> what does your Dom0 /etc/network/interfaces look like?

{grey@teleute:/etc/network} cat interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
        address 192.168.1.21
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.1.1

auto eth1:1
iface eth1:1 inet static
        address 192.168.1.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0

#auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 69.68.200.5
        netmask 255.255.255.128
        gateway 69.68.200.1
{grey@teleute:/etc/network}

The really funky thing is the last time I set the machine for bridge networking, just a few minutes ago, xenbr1 got eth1's IP and there was a xenbr1:2 which got eth1:1's IP.