Re: Xen in Etch, basic setup

Jeff D wrote:
what options do you have in your xend-config.sxp? Do you have bridge-utils
installed?

Right now:
{grey@teleute:/etc/xen} grep -v # xend-config.sxp_wip | sort | uniq

(dom0-cpus 0)
(dom0-min-mem 196)
(logfile /var/log/xen/xend.log)
(loglevel DEBUG)
(network-script 'network-bridge netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1')
(vif-script vif-bridge)

I'm just trying to get networking to work at all at this point. Forget two bridges into DomU land, I just wanted Dom0 to talk to DomU at this point and it fails utterly. This is with 3.0.3, btw. Also, convirt segfaults when I tried using a GUI configuration. :(

(network-script network-dummy)

Is the only difference, really. From what I've read it isn't required in Xen 3.0.

and in my domU configs i have something like this:
vif  = [ 'ip=10.1.2.94' ]

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:BA:17:79,bridge=xenbr1']

    Does the IP make a difference?

Should the bridges end up with an IP? For some reason when network-bridge is done xenbr1 has the IP assigned to eth1 on Dom0 prior to xend's start.

and I also have that same ip in a static config for networking in the
domU.

    Same here.  In DomU I've got 192.168.1.2 as a test IP.

When I backed out all my changes back to a working setup for gaming, email, researching the web I had the following which was failing:

eth0 on Dom0 was set to 192.168.1.21 prior to xend starting up. After it ended up on xenbr1.

eth0 inside DomU was set to 192.168.1.2.

A laptop on the network with an ip of 192.168.1.7.

Dom0 was unable to ping .2 or .7
DomU was unable to ping .21 or .7
Laptop was ignored since I was working on a console on the other side of the room.