Re: Icedove shuts down after send

Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote the following on 03/16/2008 05:17 PM:

This is the error, I think.  There are a few work-around possibilities.

Yes, that is the one, but I don't see any fixes.
Several people have the problem with no extensions
installed.

(You know, you could always purge icedove and install Thunderbird
2.0.0.12 directly from mozilla.org.)

Well, I will try that, but as I mentioned in an earlier
post, I never have much luck with installing like that!
Oh, does purging Icedove erase all of my mail boxes,
folders and config information? That would be a
*bad*thing*!
Scroll thru /etc/password and delete every user's Tbird directory?

I think not!

Not what I meant! There is just me and root on the
machine. I have 25+ email accounts being handled by
Icedove, and each has many folders. If purging Icedove
resulted in removing all that info it would be a disaster!

While none of your mails will get deleted. The place where thunderbird and icedove store the mails and account information are different. Icedove stores your profile in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird while thunderbird stores it in ~/.thunderbird (or maybe the other way round) So it is better if you take a backup of that folder before you play around with the upgrade.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi