Re: Icedove shuts down after send

Ron Johnson wrote the following on 03/16/2008 04:45 PM:
> On 03/16/08 16:14, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
>> Greetings again;
>
>> Well, this seems to be a known problem which isn't
>> getting fixed.
>
>> So, can anybody tell me how to backout the last update
>> to Icedove? It is really inconvenient to have to
>> restart it every time I send an email! :-(
>
> Doesn't it occur only when you have another Icedove window open at
> the same time?

I have the "main" Icedove window open, list of accounts
and folders in the left pane and list of emails in
folder in right pane. Then there is this compose
window. Can't have any less. If I close the "main"
window then Icedove shuts down. When I click "send" in
this window it will send the message and then cancel
and shutdown.

> (You know, you could always purge icedove and install Thunderbird
> 2.0.0.12 directly from mozilla.org.)

Well, I will try that, but as I mentioned in an earlier
post, I never have much luck with installing like that!
Oh, does purging Icedove erase all of my mail boxes,
folders and config information? That would be a
*bad*thing*!

Thanks,
Dennis

(I will now click send and Icedove will shut down!)