Re: Icedove shuts down after send

Ron Johnson wrote the following on 03/16/2008 05:17 PM:

> This is the error, I think.  There are a few work-around possibilities.

Yes, that is the one, but I don't see any fixes.
Several people have the problem with no extensions
installed.

>>> (You know, you could always purge icedove and install Thunderbird
>>> 2.0.0.12 directly from mozilla.org.)
>>>
>> Well, I will try that, but as I mentioned in an earlier
>> post, I never have much luck with installing like that!
>> Oh, does purging Icedove erase all of my mail boxes,
>> folders and config information? That would be a
>> *bad*thing*!
>
> Scroll thru /etc/password and delete every user's Tbird directory?
>
> I think not!

Not what I meant! There is just me and root on the
machine. I have 25+ email accounts being handled by
Icedove, and each has many folders. If purging Icedove
resulted in removing all that info it would be a disaster!

>> (I will now click send and Icedove will shut down!)
>
> God is telling to to move off Stable.

Probably! How do I do that? Where is the Migration Guide??

Thanks!
Dennis