Re: Suggestions for improving ffmpeg performance?

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Kevin Monceaux <Kevin@rawfeddogs.net> wrote:

Would the idea be to change that to 3:20071206-0.2? If so, how/where is that changed? The only file in the debian directory I find that version number in is the changelog.

I think it is indeed a nice idea to change the version number. And you're right about the way: you need to edit the changelog, adding a new entry with the desired version number.

Humm, if it was a snake it would have bit me. :-) Now for one other question I meant to ask in my previous post but hit the send button too soon. What if I bump my local version to 3:20071206-0.2 and then somewhere down the road the package on Debian-Multimedia.org also gets bumped to version 3:20071206-0.2? Will apt overlook the update or does it also take the date of the package into consideration? Since it spotted my local rebuilt packages, which have the same version number as the official packages, I'm guessing the latter is the case.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX