Re: Suggestions for improving ffmpeg performance?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, David Fox wrote:

Shouldn't there be a little added writeup to bump your local version -
and/or put an entry in the changelogs file? I don't think the latter
is really necessary since you're not going to upload the package, but
what about collisions?

Probably. As I said earlier in this thread I'm a Debian package system newbie myself. Without bumping my local version I added my rebuilt packages to my local repo and ran an aptitude update followed by an aptitude safe-upgrade and the rebuilt packages in my local repo all showed up as available updates. dpkg shows the version installed on my box to be version 3:20071206-0.1, which is the same as the version on DebianMultimedia.org. Would the idea be to change that to 3:20071206-0.2? If so, how/where is that changed? The only file in the debian directory I find that version number in is the changelog.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX