Re: Suggestions for improving ffmpeg performance?

Eduardo,

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

I've just rebuilt the package reenabling MMX, and apparently it works OK, and much faster. I've read that you've rebuilt the package, but are you sure MMX is enabled?

I only tried rebuilding the package to optimize for i686. I hadn't dug into any of the other ./configure options. I tried removing the --disable-mmx configure parm and got the same build errors noted later in this thread. I should probably mention that I'm a novice where the Debian package system is concerned. And, well, where building software from source is concerned also. After some trial and error I found that if I dropped the --disable-mmx and the --extra-cflags configure parms and let configure pick it's own cflags I could get the package to build successfully. I'm working remotely via ssh right now, so I won't be able to actually test it until I get home.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX