Re: Suggestions for improving ffmpeg performance?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

After some trial and error I found that if I dropped the --disable-mmx and the --extra-cflags configure parms and let configure pick it's own cflags I could get the package to build successfully.

After more trial and error I discovered that if one removes the --disable-mmx ./configure parm and also removes the -fPIC and -DPIC flags, the package will build successfully. Googling for ffmpeg fpic mmx turns up numerous hits. Many of them mention some patches to enable ffmpeg to build with mmx support and -fPIC. I haven't found any of the actual patches yet except for an old one in a thread on the ffmpeg-devel list from 2005.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX