Re: Suggestions for improving ffmpeg performance?

David Fox wrote:
Oddly enough, I inspected the /etc/apt/sources.list and the line was
definitely there. But I worked
around that problem well enough by using apt-build, and the package
(revision 0.1 even though there is a 0.2 on marillat's site - it must
just not be available in lenny yet) is building. I set up apt-build to
build packages with -O3 and to tune it for my architecture (athlon
thunderbird) but only the -O3 seems to have taken effect, from what I
can see in the compiler output.

And I didn't yet get to add --enable-mmx so I guess I have to do that
again. How did you get around that issue? I'm somewhat inexperience
with building packages the debian way - and this is pretty much my
first time using apt-build. I've built plenty of packages by using
configure & make & make install, however

The --disable-mmx switch is hardcoded in the debian/rules file. You'll have to unpack the source (dpkg-source -x .dsc-file), edit the file, and then build the package (I like to use debuild, in my case "debuild -us -uc -b" got me everything I needed). While you're at it, you might want also to edit debian/changelog to define a new version number.

--
Hanson's Treatment of Time:
	There are never enough hours in a day, but always too many days

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb