Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 07:15:14PM +0100, Dan H. wrote:

> I am on "my own" machine and I am able to write to local drives. I've
> successfully installed Opera, but I can't install Openoffice (because
> that requires root -- oops, "administrator" privileges) nor cygqin
> (because its can't go through a firewall that requires authentication).

Portableapps <http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable>
has OOo which, although intended to be run from a USB stick, works
just fine when unpacked to a local directory.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to