Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:57:30AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
 Actually, if he's got his own machine, then he can install the
> portableapps applications locally, without a flash drive. It's much
> faster that way, in fact, at the university I copy portable firefox to
> the machine I'm sitting at and then erase it when I leave. I recommend
> portable Open Office and mplayer as well.

I am on "my own" machine and I am able to write to local drives. I've
successfully installed Opera, but I can't install Openoffice (because
that requires root -- oops, "administrator" privileges) nor cygqin
(because its can't go through a firewall that requires authentication).

Mplayer I don't need.

--D.