Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian

Here's a couple things...

http://mcnlive.org/ - MCN Live, a live CD that can also be installed on
a flash drive. There's Knoppix, too. http://www.knopper.de

http://www.sysresccd.org/ - another live CD that can edit Windows NT
passwords.

http://portableapps.com/ has a collection of Firefox, Filezilla, GIMP
etc., all portable and launchable from a flash drive.

And, well, the author's own Windows demoronising/essential tools
package (it will write to Windows directory, so for most of the
installed items it'll require an admin account, but Sysresc CD might
help with that). This also flips around three hundred registry settings
to somewhat more humane, making Windows a tad faster and more bearable.

http://my.opera.com/S-Priest/blog/commander-kit

On 24.02.2008 at 22:52 Dan H. wrote:

>Well, I guess the subject caught your attention after all.
>
>Of course I'm not saying goodbye to Debian, at least not voluntarily
and
>certainly not at home. But I just changed jobs, and so moved from a
self-
>administered Debian box to a locked-up, preinstalled all-M$ Dell
thing.
>M$ Office, M$IE, Lotus Notes 6 (soon to be migrated to Outlook
Express).