Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:22:31AM -0600, Chuck Rhode wrote:
> By my count that six arguments anti to two pro.  IT wins!

...in the context of duplicating processes which are mission-critical
and/or changing the location of sensitive data.

Most of those anti arguments don't really apply to such things as "IT
only supports MSIE, but I can accomplish more and/or do it more securely
with Firefox" or even "I need to extract relevant information from this
spreadsheet which will take eons to do by hand, but a quick (non-IT-
approved) shell/other script will have it done in 5 minutes".

IT isn't always wrong.  IT isn't always right.  You need to consider the
actual situation to see whether something unsupported is appropriate or
not.

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/