Re: udev and ethernet connections

No, Verizon wants customers even if they can use dhcp to only use pppoe. This had been made clear to me by them on another occassion but at that earlier time they didn't disable the connection. The only reason for pppoe is so verizon can force logins to happen. There's been some interesting developments over here. I actually have a Westel 327w modem. I went the other day and held the reset button in for 30 seconds using the point of a pencil and may have got the modem back pretty close to factory defaults. Interestingly though, the area for setting dhcp or pppoe connection on the web page the modem shows I can't find where to set that. Also having stored my verizon credentials in the modem, dhcp still isn't working so far as I can tell.