Re: udev and ethernet connections

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 06:41:40PM -0600, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> file: /etc/network/interfaces (cut here)
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> auto dsl-provider
> iface dsl-provider inet ppp
> pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf
> provider dsl-provider
>
> auto eth0
>
> file: /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider (cut here)
> # Minimalistic default options file for DSL/PPPoE connections
>
> noipdefault
> defaultroute
> replacedefaultroute
> hide-password
> #lcp-echo-interval 30
> #lcp-echo-failure 4
> noauth
> persist
> #mtu 1492
> #persist
> #maxfail 0
> #holdoff 20
> plugin rp-pppoe.so eth0
> usepeerdns
> user "xyzzy"

Hi Jude,
if what you told me before is true, that you have a westell 6100 with
verizon, then the pppoe is done on the westell (unless you changed its
mode). And all you need to do is setup dhcp for eth0. So no pppoe should
be needed.
cheers,
Kev
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|