Re: udev and ethernet connections

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 06:10:36AM -0600, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> No, Verizon wants customers even if they can use dhcp to only use pppoe.
> This had been made clear to me by them on another occassion but at that
> earlier time they didn't disable the connection.  The only reason for
> pppoe is so verizon can force logins to happen.  There's been some
> interesting developments over here.  I actually have a Westel 327w modem.
> I went the other day and held the reset button in for 30 seconds using
> the point of a pencil and may have got the modem back pretty close to
> factory defaults.  Interestingly though, the area for setting dhcp or
> pppoe connection on the web page the modem shows I can't find where to
> set that. Also having stored my verizon credentials in the modem, dhcp
> still isn't working so far as I can tell.
If you having that much problem, I ask a verizon rep to come to your
house to get things working. Its you dime, they should get things
working. This is not 100% perfect, as they may not want to do it. But
asking is fine, as you are the customer. I had a problem and they sent
me a new modem (they thought it was the modem, but I knew it wasn't but
it made them happy). So you can ask for something to be done. Are you
able to read the leds? On my model when ever I had a problem it shows if
the issue is with the dsl line or my machine and all the times its been
a problem its always shown that its the dsl and not my machine.
Good luck and hang in there,
Kev
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|