Re: What am I missing without mutt?

Am 2008-02-07 08:20:53, schrieb Ron Johnson:
> On 02/07/08 07:29, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >                                         There are still the same amount
> > of letters, in fact, when typing Arabic one does not pay attention to
> > the way the letters flow into one another.  The OS does that part
> > automatically assuming that a supportive font is installed.
>
> Interesting.  But it seems to make console apps difficult.

If the console app is using "libfribidi" (as I use it) and the right
console font is installed then you can read farsi (my mother language)
arabic and hebrew in mutt and of cource from Right-To-Left (RTL).

> >                                                             Hebrew, on
> > the other hand, has final letters that are used only on the end of
> > words, like capital letters in English at the beginning of sentences.
> > And like English capitals, the user must specify that [s]he wants a
> > final letter with the appropriate key. Being how there are only five
> > of those (in addition to 22 regular Hebrew letters) the alphabet the
> > becomes 27 letters: only one more than English.

And farsi has 4 letters more then arabic (24=>28)

> Also interesting.

:-)

> What about the "dots".  Is that just a figment of misunderstanding?

The dots are brain-crackers...
(I trying to learn hebrew...  since 10 years!)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)