Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On 09/02/2008, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> If the console app is using "libfribidi" (as I use it) and the right
>  console font is installed then you can read farsi (my mother language)
>  arabic and hebrew in mutt and of cource from Right-To-Left (RTL).

Thanks for the tip, Michelle. Tell me, how does one configure Konsole
to use it? It can be seen here that libfribidi is installed, yet the
Hebrew that looks fine when pasted in Firefox is in fact displayed
reversed in Konsole:

feisty@feisty-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install libfribidi0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libfribidi0 is already the newest version.
0 משודרגים, 0 מותקנים חדשים, 0 יוסרו ו-19 לא ישודרגו.
feisty@feisty-laptop:~$

> And farsi has 4 letters more then arabic (24=>28)

I just looked at the Arabic alphabet, and all 28 of the letters look
familiar to me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

At least in Israel, we use 28 Arabic letters.

>  > What about the "dots".  Is that just a figment of misunderstanding?
>
> The dots are brain-crackers...
>  (I trying to learn hebrew...  since 10 years!)

If you mean that they are unnecessary and only make the learning even
harder, then you are correct!

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il