Re: vim + LaTeX (Was: What am I missing without mutt?)

Micha said...
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:11:32 -0000
> > The reason I asked is that I write books yet haven't found anything to
> > match WinEdt, which is a Windows editor, for handling chapters and LaTeX
> > on Linux. In all other cases, I use vim.
>
> Personally I work with either lyx or emacs + auctex, but you may want to have
> a look at texmaker which is much more similar to winedt (and it has both linux
> and windows versions so if you like it and have to work on both linux and
> windows you can use the same software)

Thanks for the texmaker pointer. I had a look at it, but unfortunately -
as did/does kile - it doesn't do realtime spell checking, and you can't
add words to the dictionary; as a writing tool, those are serious
omissions.

I'm not wedded to winedt, btw, in fact, I think it's rather nasty in
many ways, but it does do the basics very well.

--
Cheers,
Marc