Re: vim + LaTeX (Was: What am I missing without mutt?)

On Feb 7, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
Emacs's bidirectional text rendering is still non-existing.

I recall that there was a patch for bidi support in Emacs. But I have no
idea what ever came up with it.

It's buggy and based on an old version of Emacs. Last time I tried to build it, it segfaulted immediately when I tried to run the resulting binary.

Emacs 22 has vastly improved support for multi-lingual text, but still no bidi and no connected script. So far the only solution I've found for editing bidi text is Katoob.