Re: mutt's IMAP support

Steve Lamb:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>> I am now seeing that mutt has a "trash" option which moves mail to a
>> designated trash folder instead of deleting from the server. I don't use
>> that, though. (Coincidentally, it appears to be buggy: #448241.)
>
>     And it is this that I was referring to since it is what matches
> TBird's behavior of having a trash folder.

Ok, now I understand your complaint. If mutt's implementation of an IMAP
copy consists of fetching an old mail and storing it as a new mail in
another folder (instead of using server-side copy), that's quite
seriously broken. But as far as I can see, this only happens when using
the "trash" option (which is broken anyway, you cannot delete from the
trash folder).

But ok, I conclude there actually are flaws. I just don't happen to be
affected by them.

J.
--
When I am doing sex I wonder if my emotions can be detected by alien
civilisations.