Re: Query about Iceape, Iceweasel

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 04:56:45PM -0600, Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> was heard to say:

> On Oct 17, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:48:40PM -0700, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> was
>> heard to say:
>>>
>>>     Might I suggest since you're neither a developer or a package
>>> maintainer to keep your insults to yourself?  Be helpful or be gone.
>>
>>   Personally, I would hope that developers and package maintainers would
>> also keep their insults to themselves.
>
> I didn't start the insults, please look back through the thread.  The
> original poster gets more and more agitated that people aren't "testing
> correctly" without fully defining his problem from the beginning.

  I don't care who started it or who threw more insults; please keep
your contributions to the list at least minimally civil.  That goes for
everyone involved, and is not intended as a put-down of you specifically.
Lists like this can tend to become unnecessarily hostile, and I think a
reminder now and then helps keep people aware of the issue of the tone
of discussions.

  Escalating personal disagreements is not useful, particularly online
where it's difficult to gauge whether someone's reply was actually meant
to be confrontational.

  Daniel